Monday, June 27, 2016

Rain, Rain, Rain

Hello!
Yeah it rained a lot this week! For like 3 days straight it rained and rained. Indonesians have this strange fear of rain, it is like poison that will get them sick, especially if it gets on their head. As for me though, I am fine in the rain, just get a little wet haha. But when it rains it makes it hard to meet with people because they don't want to go out. So we made due with what we had. We were still able to met with some of our Investigators tho. So this week was kind of a less productive week but I am sure this next week will be blazing hot like usual so we should be fine.

Some people from the mission office came to Manado yesterday to check out the new church building and all that, I knew one of them from my service in Jakarta.

We played Futsal on Thursday and I have noticed that I am actually not that bad anymore at soccer haha, it was fun and we had a new investigator come play with us, he is a friend of a new member.

On Saturday we had a family night gathering thing with some of the members, it was fun and I gave the lesson about The Gospel of Jesus Christ (Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the End). It was a good lesson of course and I ate a lot of food afterwards.

There is an inactive couple who we visit every week, they live on a house on stilts and have like 6 dogs and a cat. They are nice but have a hard time going to church because the husband works a lot. Well yesterday they went to church together! That was the first time they have been to church together since I have been here and it was awesome! The husband got a new job I guess and it looks like it will be easier for them to go to church now. Good stuff!

My new mission president will come in on the 29th of June. He will only be my mission president for a month though.

Well I hope everyone has a great week!
-Elder Hymas
A family home evening activity
Us with Mama Lang (Branch President's wife)

No comments:

Post a Comment