Tuesday, July 5, 2016

July: the last month on the mish..

Hello!
Happy birthday America! the 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays but it is just another normal day here in Manado haha I even forgot that it was the 4th of July until I opened up my email and I was like... oh ya today is the 4th... yay! Well next year I will make up for 2 years I have missed and celebrate hard!
So my old mission president President Donald went back home to Australia on the 30th and President Rowley came in to replace him. President Donald was a wonderful mission president and I will always treasure the counsel and everything I have learned from him and his example. President Rowley seems like a nice guy too but I have yet to meet him or even hear his voice haha being all the way out in Manado might be the reason why.
This week was good, we had some success but a lot of our investigators are still have trouble meeting with us, it is starting to get on my nerves a little bit but I gotta stay patient and love them. A few days ago we waited at a member's house for an investigator for like 3 house. The investigator kept telling us he was on his way but he never came and it was too late and we had to go home. It was sad, especially considering that I only have a few weeks left on my mission and all I want to do is teach these people and help them, but if they never show up how can I do that? It is tough but it is reality and we gotta make the best of it. I know that the Lord sees our effort and will help us!
I made some goals yesterday to not count down the days until the end of my mission and just have the mind set that I am still in the middle of my mission, that will help me focus and just work.
That being said the work is still going strong here in Manado and people here are learning the Gospel. A few days ago we went to an investigators house with a member named Sergey along with us. Well once we got to the investigators house the investigator had a work buddy over and it turned out that that work buddy is cousins with Sergey haha small world. So he stayed and joined in on the lesson with us and really liked our message, he was excited to meet again and go to church with us. So we set up an appointment for Saturday night at Sergey's house and then once Saturday night finally came we waited for about 3 hours at Sergeys house and he never came even though he kept saying he was on the way... yeah he was the one I was talking about earlier. He also didn't make it to church with us the next day which was too bad. We will try to meet with him again this week though and hopefully have more success. Well I love you all and I hope you all have a great week!
- Elder Hymas
money

some investigators

pretty good Sirsak/buah naga juice

some goo I ate

No comments:

Post a Comment