Monday, May 16, 2016

Livin' the Life

Hello all.
Well this week in Manado has been good, I am just livin' the life here in paradise, teaching people the Gospel and eating yummy foods.

My companion Elder Setijawan recovered from his illness so I was not trapped in the house this week! This week we taught a few new investigators about the Book of Mormon and the Restoration of the church. One of them accepted a baptismal commitment and is excited to tell his wife and child about our church and he wants to invited them to go to church next Sunday. Manado is mostly Christian but was still cannot go knocking door to door. That is just something you can't do in Indonesia. You'd think because Manado is mostly Christian that it would make the missionary work a lot easier but it just makes it different I guess. Most of the people here belong to the church called GMIM, Gereja Masehi Injili di Minahasa. Every neighbor hood is organized into groups like wards for their church and everybody has strong roots in that church. So teaching people is easy but helping them act and come to our church is the hard part. But it can be done!

So the other day we ate lunch by the ocean. We ate sate tuna (tuna on a stick) it was really really good. There was a man from Papua behind us and I talked to him and gave him the Restoration pamphlet. He is cool but he is like touring Indonesia for a few days and then going back to Papua, and there is not church there yet. He left while we were eating and then when we left later we found out that he paid for our meals, what a nice guy! It wasn't that cheap either. Being a missionary has it's perks because we get food bought for us randomly a lot haha.

Today I got a haircut and after we email I don't really know what we will do, maybe eat somewhere nice. I am thankful I get to serve here in Manado and I love it! I love my Savior Jesus Christ and am just so blessed to have it in my life and to have such an amazing family. Have a great week!

fried bananas, lansa

boiled bananas with sambal

The public transportation here haha


sate tuna





-Elder Hymas-

No comments:

Post a Comment