Monday, January 26, 2015

Transferring to Magelang

Hello!
This week was a good one. For P-day last week we met up with other missionaries from our zone because they came earlier for PLD. We played billiards at the mall at it was really fun. I'm a little rusty but I did alright. On Tuesday We had the first day of PLD. It is when President Donald interviews all of us and tells us if we are being transferred or not. I am getting transferred! I am going to Magelang! It is about a 4 hour bus ride from Solo. It is a small city in the middle of the mountains so it is going to be cold! There will only be 4 elders there and no sisters (dang). My new companion will be Elder Widigdo, he is an Indonesian. The moves will be on the 3rd of February, so I have about 1 more week left in Solo. Elder Sadiyono is staying in Solo and my old companion from the MTC is going to be his new companion in Jebres, Elder Arthur!

The second day of PLD was the big meeting where President, the APs and the zone leaders talk to us. It was really good. One important thing President spoke about was safety. Because we are in a country where some people don't like Americans at all. Even if you are from Australia, England, or New Zealand, you are still an American to them. So we got new rules to follow to make sure we are safe from stalkers and other fun dangers like that. Don't worry! Most the people in Indonesia are awesome and love us, but there are some radical Muslims that don't like us. And those people are not considered real Muslims, because the Muslim religion isn't about terrorism or war.

The rest of the week has been pretty good. We didn't really get any good new investigators. Brother Herdik is doing awesome. I am really happy I could help him join the church. He is getting the Aaronic Priesthood next Sunday. We moved JJ's baptismal date back another week earlier this week because he wasn't quite ready. But then he didn't go to church with us yesterday because he was busy or something. So I don't think his baptism will happen while I am in Solo. But hopefully it will happen soon after I leave.

Today for P-day we are going to go to A&W at the mall and get a root beer float, and then we are playing billiards again!

Have a great week!
- Elder Hymas
Playing Pool on P-Day

No comments:

Post a Comment