Thursday, September 4, 2014

Half way through with the MTC!

This week felt like it just flew by, at this rate I'll be in Indonesia in no time! I love the MTC and it is a great place, but I'm pretty much done with it now haha. I'm ready to go to Indonesia! I'm starting to be more careful with the food I eat here, one could gain a lot of weight at the MTC if they weren't careful.
The language is going well, I am learning more each day. It is pretty neat how much you learn here at the MTC. I know more Indonesian than I know German, and I took 3 years of German. Crazy stuff. The elders in my district are all doing really well too. My companion, Elder Arthur, is doing well. He just got released as district leader last Sunday so he is happy about that.
This last Tuesday we had a devotional given by Don R. Clarke of the seventy. It was a super good talk, about missionary work, like most of them are. One part of his talk really struck me though. It was when he spoke about the importance of reactivation, especially in your own family. He asked all those who have inactive family member, whether it be parents, siblings, cousins, or aunts and uncles, to stand up. Pretty much every single person in the gym stood up, and there were a LOT of missionaries there. I know there are members in my family who have gone inactive and can't enjoy the blessings the gospel brings into their lives. He told us that "If we love them, we need to bring them to the temple". I couldn't stop thinking about this the rest of the night. It is soo important that we go to the temple, and I want all my family to go there, because I love them. Brother Clarke assured us that the best thing we as missionaries can do is serve God and serve and love the people of your mission to the best of your ability. If we do this then our families will be blessed and possibly come back to the church. So that is what I am going to do, I will work my hardest on my mission. But those who are reading this, you need to do your part and bring those to the church, especially your family. If you love them, your brothers and sisters, aunts and uncles, cousins and friends, you need to connect them with the temple.
Anyway, I'm glad I am out here serving a mission, I know there is no other place I would rather be. 3 more weeks of the MTC and I'm out of here!

- Elder Hymas

No comments:

Post a Comment