Friday, August 29, 2014

Week 2 at the MTC.....

I think the days are starting to go by a bit faster now that we are in the hang of things here. We are pretty much in class like all day. And if we are not in class we are either eating, sleeping, or playing basketball. Class is super good though, we learn a bunch and I think my Indonesian is getting pretty good now. I am afraid that I am gaining weight here at the MTC, I was hoping this wouldn't happen but it seems that it was inevitable. I weighed myself for first time in like a year and it was not a good experience, that much I'll say. But there is hope! I've heard that most people lose lots of weight on there mission to Indonesia so I'll probably lose like 60 pounds and be super fit when I get back so no worries.

A lot of people in my district get these cool things called letters, almost daily. Now I know that I have gotten some, but a few more wouldn't hurt right? Using the DearElder mailing system is super cool because we get the letter that day, and it would make me so happy. But do you know what would make me happier? If I got some cool hand written letters, especially form my siblings. That would be sweet! Getting letters form friends and family here is like finding gold or something of similar value.

A scripture I read this week was in one of my favorite chapters in the Book of Mormon, it is Ammon being awesome. it says,
11 But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God.

 12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will notboast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

I know that, like Ammon, I am weak without God. But with God, I can do all things and I know that with God, I can teach and serve the people of Indonesia and make a huge impact like Ammon did with the Lamanites.

Love,
- Elder Hymas

No comments:

Post a Comment