Thursday, August 21, 2014



Apa kabar? (how are you?) Nice to know you guys are all doing well, I am doing absolutely great here at the MTC. It has only been a week but my testimony for this gospel and my love for the scriptures have grown exponentially! I find so much joy and comfort reading the scriptures every day. It is a wonderful feeling to be surrounded by the Holy Spirit constantly here at the MTC, it makes adjusting to life here and missing family and friends a lot easier. 

My companion is Elder Arthur, he is from Brisbane Australia. He has a cool accent and he is a really nice and fun guy. Him and I have been getting along just fine. Our district has 9 Elders in it, there is myself, Elder Arthur, Elder Chou, Elder Gartz, Elder Thomas, Elder Getter, Elder Willionson, Elder Paskett, and Elder Lieske. We are all becoming very close friends, and pretty much go everywhere together. 
We have learned a lot of Indonesian this first week, I can say prayers, bare my testimony, teach lessons, and get to know people all in Indonesian. The gift of tongues is real! The food is exactly like the Cannon Center back at BYU so I'm used to it, it is pretty good. Some people hate it, some love it. It's weird. We have class like all the time here but we are learning a lot and our teachers are super cool!

During class Elder Paskett shared a "prophecy" with us about the Indonesian food, it is found in Jeremiah 4:19-21, it reads,.
 19 ¶My bowels, my bowels! I am pained at my very heart; my heart maketh a noise in me; I cannot hold my peace, because thou hast heard, O my soul, the sound of the trumpet, the alarm of war.
 20 Destruction upon destruction is cried; for the whole land is spoiled: suddenly are my tents spoiled, and my curtains in a moment.
 21 How long shall I see the standard, and hear the sound of the trumpet?
We all thought it was pretty funny and laughed quite a bit, my teachers here at the MTC informed us that the food in Indonesia is actually really good and we have nothing to worry about, so that's good. 
It is very busy here at the MTC, but that's good because we have a lot to learn and a lot of work to do in only a short amount of time. Today is our first P-day and we went to the temple this morning, itwas awesome! The Provo temple is very beautiful! I am very happy here on my mission and I know there is no where else I would rather be, I love you all!
- Elder Hymas

No comments:

Post a Comment