Monday, August 17, 2015

Selamat Hari Kemerdekaan! One Year on My Mission!

Selamat Hari Kemerdekaan semuanya! That means Happy Independence day everyone! August 17th is the Indonesian Independence day so there are Indonesian flags everywhere and people are playing games and having parties. This is their 70th year of being independent. The people here prepare for this day like week in advance, they sure like their Independence, who wouldn't? So we are having a little party at the mission couple's house later this afternoon with the members and investigators to celebrate.
Also a few days ago on the 13th of August was the year mark for my mission! So I had to go back to Jakarta to renew my visa. All the missionaries that were in the MTC with me went to Jakarta too. It was nice to see them all again and hear what they have learned and experienced. Some of them I haven't seen this whole year. I had to get to the airport and fly to Jakarta and take a taxi to the mission office all by myself. It was weird having no companion for a bit haha. I saw President Donald in Jakarta and he told me that I am going to be moving to Tangerang in like 2 weeks and I will be training a new missionary named Elder Anderson from St. George Utah. I am pretty excited to move and train.
Elder Tufaga and I worked hard this week. We have been working a lot with an inactive member bringing him around on lessons with us. He is awesome and is glad to help us teach investigators but it is tough for himself to go to church, but we keep working with him.
I heard that Taylor Forsyth and Hunter came back from their missions. Pretty cool, crazy how time flies.
Have a great week!
- Elder Hymas




No comments:

Post a Comment