Monday, November 17, 2014

Rainy season begins and bats

This week was a good one. My new companion Elder Sadiyono is awesome and speak a lot of Indonesian haha. I have learned a lot this week from him. Elder Boenari is cool too, Indonesians are fun people.

I guess the rainy season has started here in Indonesia because it has rained every single day this week, and when it rains, it pours. It is nice though because the temp cools way down when it rains so It actually feels kind of nice outside. We have had some bats fly into our house and creep around, it is kinda freaky haha.

Elder Sadiyono and I taught lessons this week like usual, we would get a little lost going from house to house because Elder Mangum knew the way around here so I just followed him and now he isn't here! I remember mostly where people live so we have been getting by.

One of our Investigators named Hanung went to church yesterday with us, so that was awesome! I think he is progressing, all we need to do now is help his stop smoking. Smoking is a big problem here, everyone and their dog smokes.

I also got the opportunity to give the gift of the Holy Ghost and ordain the sister's investigator yesterday in sacrament meeting. I was pretty nervous but I think I did a good job. They asked me right before sacrament if I could do it so I only had about 10 minuets to prepare. It was an awesome experience though. She is just so happy that she is a member of the church now.

My birthday was on Saturday too! We went out to eat dinner at a pretty nice restaurant near our house called Steak on Fire. They give you a steak and then they set it on fire in front our you and it is pretty cool. A bunch of missionaries from the 2 districts in Solo where there. It was fun. Afterwards they caught me by surprise and dumped a bunch of flour all over me and thew eggs at me. That is tradition here in Indonesia for birthdays haha. It was fun and really messy!

I forgot my SC connector thing for my camera so I can't send pictures this week but i'll send some next week

Have a great week everyone!

- Elder Hymas

No comments:

Post a Comment