Monday, November 10, 2014

New Companion

This week has been pretty good. It was Elder Mangum's last week in Solo so we went around and taught people for the last time with him and took lots of pictures. My new companion came in last Thursday, His name is Elder Sadiyono. He is a native Indonesian so my Indonesian skills should get a lot better. He knows English pretty well but still learning. He is a really funny guy and I'm glad to be able to work with him. Elder Hayes, who just finished his training, started training a new Elder last Thursday. He is training Elder Boenari, he is also a native Indonesian. So in our house there is me, my companion Elder Sadiyono, Elder Hayes, and his companion Elder Boenari.

We had stake conference this last weekend. We had a 2 hour session at the church on Saturday and then another 2 hour session at a pretty nice hotel on Sunday. The mission president was there so I got to say hi to him. Other missionaries from my zone came too and they all stayed at our house Saturday night. So there was like 16 Elders staying at our house, craziness. We are trying hard to have our Investigators go to church and read the Book of Mormon on their own but it is proving difficult.

Other than that nothing really too exciting happens this week, It is starting to rain quite a bit here now, and when it rains, it pours. There have been a number of times where we have gotten completely soaked from rain while riding our bikes. I have stained a couple of shirts too from the dirty water that flys at you while you ride your bike on the road so I'm going to have to bleach them I guess.

Hope everyone is doing well! Have a good week!
Mangum and I with some members and their neighbors.

me and Elder Sadiyono

- Elder Hymas

No comments:

Post a Comment