Monday, December 21, 2015

Baptisms, Threesome, I'm Transfering

Hello,
Selamat Hari Natal! Hanya beberapa hari lagi dan aku bisa Skype keluargaku! 

This week was a fun and a busy one! One of the Elders in our house got a call from the APs last Tuesday and they told me he was going to move to Bandung the next day. We were pretty surprised because we thought the moves were happening on the 30th of this month. So Elder McKeon moved last Wednesday and now I am in a threesome with Elder Anderson and Elder Gagarin. We have been working hard and spreading the Gospel.

Last Saturday our ward had a Christmas program get together thing. Usually these programs are at the chruch but the other ward was using the chruch so we did our program at another location. It was a fun time and we just ate and sang songs and hung out. It was way more santai than the Christmas party last year in Solo. We had about 11 non-members come to our christmas party and they all had a great time. We are teaching 2 of them tonight, a girl named Dheandra and her mom.

 It is kind of a cool story how we met Dheandra. Well the first time we met here it was like 4 months ago and we were in the other area in Tangerang. It was late and we were going home, we passed by a convenience store and this girl called to us in perfect English and asked who we were and if we needed like a drink or something, we said we were fine and we were going home and then we went home. We thought we were kind of dumb because we didn't talk to her or get her information but I had a feeling we would see her again. So fast forward about 2 more months and we already changed areas to the Tangerang 1st ward. We were contacting in a mall and this girl comes up to us and says hi and says she knows Elders and wanted to take of picture of us, so we were like okay sure why not. She took a picture of us and then left and we felt dumb again because we should have talked to her more, and we didn't even realize she was the same girl we meet 2 months ago. Okay so fast forward about 2 more months, we are walking in a place called Flavor Bliss, which is a place with a lot of restaurants. It was late and we were about to head home when this girl sees us and stops us. This time I recognized her as the one we met at the mall. Anyway she then tells us that she is actually interested in learning with us about Christians and gave us her info. So she came to our Christmas party and sang for us there and had a great time and now we have an appointment with her tonight, hopefully everything goes well!

We also met with Sathees and Skyped with someone in Australia who is from Sri Lanka and was also a refugee. They mostly spoke in their native language Tamil to each other so I didn't understand much but they talked about temples and the Book or Mormon. Sathees enjoyed that.

Yesterday we had 2 baptisms in the Tangerang 1st ward. Pak P. and Veronica got baptised! It was awesome to see them make that step in their lives. 


This morning I got a call from the missino president and he told me that I will be moving on December 30th. I will be the District Leader in Jakarta. My new companion will be a younger missionary named Elder Atkinson who was in the same MTC group as Elder Anderson. We are going to be white washing that area together haha that will be the 4th time I have white washed an area... I'm pretty much a pro at it now. I will have the APs, the ZLs, and the sister training leaders in my district haha so that pretty much makes me the most powerful missionary in the mission because I am their leader. Anyway so that will be a fun new chapter in my mission. A sad thing is that I will no longer be riding bikes becuase they just ride busses and angkots in Jakarta. So I better start working out. I hear that my new companion Elder Atkinson is a big strong guy so I'll work out with him. 
Well that is about it for this week, I hope you all have a very merry Christmas!
- Elder Hymas

No comments:

Post a Comment