Monday, April 6, 2015

Selamat Hari Paskah

Hello everyone and Happy Easter! This week was a pretty good week for me. I had to wear sandals and hobble around for the first couple days because I got my toenail removed last week. It is a lot better now and I can walk normally but I still have to wear sandals and my toe looks gross because there is no toenail and whatnot. We had a little activity/party for Easter at he church and at the mission couple's house on Friday. During the activity we sang in a choir, searched for eggs, played games, and ate pancakes. It was all good fun and some of our investigators and in-actives came so that was great. In the choir we sang Dia Hidup Sang Penebusku, which in English is I Know that My Redeemer Lives. We did a great job and it was fun.
I spent lots of money at the hospital for my toenail and arm, but it gets reimbursed so it's all good haha. We had a lot of people at church yesterday. We had 35 people come, which is the most that has ever come to the Magelang branch haha. We are working hard to help the branch grow, our goal is that it can turn into a ward next year. Hari Paskah was good. The stake president came to our branch for church and then we had a family home evening with the members at the mission couple's house later that night.
I was told that Paskah means Pasti Aku Selamat Karena Allah Hidup. Which means something like, definitely I am saved because God Lives. I don't know how accurate that actually is haha because we still got to do our part in order to be saved, it isn't pasti.

We are planning on having a baptism for our Investigator Hendrik on the 19th of April. We also set a goal for our other investigator Andre for the 26th of April. So wish them luck!

I heard that conference was pretty good, we get to watch it next Sunday at church in Indonesian, but the mission couple also are going to download conference in English so we can watch it in English too. I am super excited to heard the words or a living prophet of God.

I hope everyone has a great week!

- Elder Hymas



Hari Paskah


No comments:

Post a Comment